10.13.2008

epcot center.

after waking up at 11am EST, I rushed to get ready to head to the Epcot Center. My family had been up since 8am and were eager to go.

Kyle (who is 7) was happy to see me but Brad (10) would barely talk to me on the ride to Epcot (they had been asleep when i arrived the night before). As we got out of the car when we arrived, he walked over to my step mom Lisa, to inform her that I'm not her real daughter and I'm only his half sister. Needless to say that really really hurt and I felt incredibly awkward after that. I felt like I was some annoying 5th wheel on this family's dream vacation.

After we entered the park, I expressed interest in wanting to go see the countries--a huge loop that featured a city block of canada, mexico, england, france, morocco, japan, china, italy, ireland, norway, and spain. Brad retorted that they were going to do the kid stuff first so I was just going to have to wait. My dad and Lisa agreed with them and I suggested that I go off alone and we could meet back later. My dad told me that wasn't going to happen--we would go there later. It is hard being part of a family when I haven't been part of one for six years.


Throughout the day (and intense heat), we went on/to:

  • Finding Nemo ride.
  • a boat tour of their agriculture and "green" facility.
  • imagination ride--which featured that guy that is in every Monte Python movie
  • a 3-D film called "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" (which scared the crap out of me)
  • A Norwegian boat tour ride thing.
  • A Lion King "Circle of Life" film that basically pointed out that humans have ruined the environment. I cried. Way to make us feel bad, Disney.
  • a million other places that featured a ride with a short film.

After being in the park for 6 hours, we finally made it to the country tour and man, it was AWESOME! They had food, people, merchandise and buildings that all replicated the actual country. Lisa and I were on the look out for which country had the best looking guys. Italy won hands down but they were jerks. Morocco had the nicest. And I'm 100% sure that I am going to visit the real Morocco. It was a lot of fun and definitely my favorite. Mexico, Japan and China felt like going to a restaurant.


At 9pm, there was this huge fireworks display located in the lagoon (what all the countries were surrounding) and it was pretty cool. At that point, we were all pooped and just wanted to go home.

Not sure what we are doing today--I need to read so I can write a paper. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment