It is funny that Fall is my favorite season because nothing good happens during it.
The same pattern has been going on for the past 5-6 years and I don’t know if it is happening subconsciously or what. They aren’t self-fulfilling prophecies cause I didn’t notice it until today.
Here is what I’ve noticed:
1. I’m always going through some kind of break up. Whether it’s the demise of a long term relationship, the swift end to a beginning of a relationship (usually due to crazy ex-girlfriends *cough*james*cough*) or the end of a fling that should have never happened in the first place.
* 2003 (Dane)
* 2004 (Kevin, when he left for college)
* 2005 (The devil)
* 2006 (James)
* 2007 (Joe)
* 2008 (Elliott—in your defense, I blame England)
2. I’m always sick. This usually happens twice. First in October (something simple like a cold) and again in December (Bronchitis, Walking Pneumonia). I have an illness coming on—stress induced most likely.
3. The quarter that I’m usually most social. This may seem like a good thing but by the end of the quarter, I’m pretty burnt out and the friends that I make during that quarter usually don’t stick around long after that.
4. I drink the most during the Fall.
5. I spend Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) and Christmas (my not favorite holiday) alone.
Now if all these things happen again and I’m aware of them…will that make it a self-fulfilling prophecy?
No comments:
Post a Comment