What an amazing concert. It was by far the best concert that I've ever been to. I seriously almost orgasmed with excitement.
Jenny and I headed down to Tacoma around 3:30--spent the whole ride talking about the same topics that have been dominating our conversations for the past month or so (graduation, plans after graduation, boyfriends, peace corp, crazy friends, etc). Stopped in Federal Way for some greasy fast food before heading down to the Tacoma Dome. Arrived around 6:30ish and was amazed at the sheer amount of estrogen that was permeating from the line. There were probably about 500 women to every one man. And most of those men were watching "NKOTB" shirts. Waited in line for another half hour before they finally let the masses inside.
As we entered into vagfest 2008, the lady that checked my ticket told me to go to customer service because I was being reassigned seats. We went from nose bleed section that had a pretty good view of the stage to being located 10 rows up on the left side of the stage so we could see the side of the band's head. Everyone around us were bitching that they had rather sit in their nosebleed section because at least they could see the stage head on.
After watching one of the opener's Lady Gaga, Jenny and I decided to escape down to the floor because no one was checking tickets. After watching Natasha Bedingfield and practically being chased down by security for stealing seats, we retreated to this virtually empty section of the seats. The seats were on the right side of the stage and diagonal so we were pretty far back but we could at least see the stage.
Let me just note that this was the best people watching event of my entire life. A whole slew of drunk late 20 year olds with their thongs hanging out were "sitting" in front of us. More like, they were stumbling around taking pictures with each other and looking like they were on the prowl for men. Did I mention that the men there were wearing NKOTB shirts and most likely didn't prefer the vagina? I yelled out multiple times that this wasn't a bar and Jenny told me that I was going to get beat up. One of the girls had this gnarly star tattoo on her overexposed breast that looked like it was just waiting for the right opportunity to fall out of her shirt.
And I'm going to say this and I'm not trying to be mean--I am simply making an observation but I have never in my life seen so many overweight women with scrunchies! I'm talking 95% of the crowd. It was baffling. Jenny concluded that a certain type of woman really must have loved this band back in the 80's. Oh and you could also text messages to this number and it would pop up on this ginormous screen. Let me say that women are crazy. Tons and tons of messages saying "I LOVE U MARRY ME" and "I WANT TO BONE U AND HAVE UR BABIES" popped up one after another. It really freaked me out. If I were the band, I'd be freaked out too. It was like stalker convention. It made me really sad too because I'm sure a lot of these women really thought they had a chance with these guys. I even heard one of them yelling that Donnie was single. Yeah right, like you'd ever have a chance. (I'm mean, I know)
Anyway, there was also this really old dude that reminded me of a certain someone's former roommate in 20 years. Looked just like him too. But this guy would NOT stop staring at Jenny and I and although we were giving him the stink eye, he would not get the hint to leave us alone.
SO onto the show...
I have never screamed so much and so loud in my life. The band was incredible and looked fucking amazing for their age. They played a lot of new stuff but when their old songs came on, the whole crowd went insane. I danced until I almost couldn't walk. It was also pretty random and Joey, Jordan and Donnie all had their own solo acts. Joey danced like he did when he was on "Dancing with the Stars" and sang a song from his solo album. Jordan got in the stage with his shirt off and I almost passed out, he had a hott bod haha. Then he busted out with "Give it to you," this incredibly sexual song that was popular when I was in 7th grade. And I can't remember what Donnie sang, I almost expected him to start acting or something.
Danny did some break dancing and looked as though he might break someone's neck (he is a body builder now) and Jonathan didn't do anything cause he was the dude in the band that never did anything--at one point I forgot that he was even there.
New Kids liked to keep it old skool and it was Boston REPRESENT! They wore Celtics jerseys and Donnie wore a bedazzled Boston Red Sox baseball cap in 50 different colors throughout the show ("to cover his baldness" as Jenny claims). They also really like to wear bedazzled shirts, seriously. Danny had a bedazzled muscle tee on and I almost vomited on the drunk girls in front of me. They also really like to grab their balls (apparently that really turns girls on) and Donnie is in love with his butt, he talked about it all night.
They went out on this revolving stage in the middle of the stadium and took a minute to "remember ones they've lost"--which consisted of them taking pictures with fans cameras and talking on fan's cellphones and showing a slide show of random musicians that died and threw in Heath Ledger's "The Joker." I didn't know they were so close with the Joker, who knew?
But overall, it was amazing and I'm pretty sure that Joey McIntyre is the sexiest man ever (sorry Elliott). Jordan is pretty attractive as well, for an old dude hehe.
I leave you with my favorite New Kids song of all time:
I do miss their rat tails!
No comments:
Post a Comment