I watched the Sex and The City movie last night while I was falling asleep and I just don't know how Carrie does it. For 10 years, she dates Big and for 10 years, he does nothing but disappoint her and hurt her. The wedding scene is so traumatic that I could just feel the pain seeping out of the tv.
Yet at the end, they end up together. How did she do it? How did she get over everything? Is it because it is just a movie and the writers made her feel that way? But I can't help but think that there is a little bit of Carrie in every single girl who has ever had her heart broken. And that right there makes me sad and gives me hope all at the same time.
I'm a lot stronger than I give myself credit for but I'm afraid of the power that I know I possess.
No comments:
Post a Comment