1.07.2009

Miranda July.

So yesterday in the "Fiction Writing" class that I'm trying to get into, a girl said that her favorite short stories were by "Miranda July." Now I know that I've heard that name before but I didn't pair it with a writer, I thought it was a singer. So of course I looked her up on Wikipedia and saw that she is an artist, director, writer, actress, singer, etc.

As I was reading her info, I came across her project called Learning to Love You More. I think it is pretty interesting and I'm going to start participating in some of the "assignments." I think this will be a good way to start developing more of my creative pursuits that I've been itching to engage in. Ally and I picked up a punch label maker last night and I'm going to start using it on an index card art project that I've been working on. For those who aren't familiar to what the font looks like, here is a link. I'm stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment