Ally and I decided to venture up to Canada today to go to IKEA and Old Spaghetti Factory.
We left promptly at 2:30, after my haircut--which I'm going back tomorrow to have Alise fix...at first I loved it but now I've noticed that the asymmetrical 'do is just not for me, I can't get over the feeling of hair touching one part of my neck but not the other. Anyway, of course Ally and I got lost because apparently we don't know how to read and took highway 99 instead of 543. So we ended up going towards Richmond instead of New Westminster. After an hour of driving and following this teeny tiny map on the mapquest directions that I had printed off, we found our way to Ikea.
Good lord, that place is HUGE. Two stories tall and it is about twice the length of the one in Portland and Seattle. We spent a good 4 hours in there, trying to decide on what things we did and didn't need for the apartment. I am pretty sure that my next apartment, my "grown up" apartment will consist of all items from Ikea. I will put myself in great financial hardship in order to have just one of their showcase rooms. I am sorely tempted to decorate my bedroom like the kids space themed room. It has a tunnel tube that the kids sleep in that attaches their bunk bed. hi, fort anyone? Ally had to keep dragging me out of the kids showroom because I kept wandering back.
We finally made our purchases--a new kitchen table, a rug for the living room, new pillows for my bed, curtain rods, hangers and some other stuff that I can't remember. I had about 40 things while I was in line but I got rid of most of it as we neared the checkout. I'm a really indecisive shopper so if I don't love something, i usually go back and forth before i buy something and most often than not, i won't.
after Ikea, we headed to the Old Spaghetti Factory. I haven't had it since October, the night that I got food poisoning. We only waited 15 minutes before being seated and I was gushing to Ally about how great the food was until I opened the menu and realized that they didn't have the house pesto dressing! That was like 85% of the reason that I went there in the first place. Next disappointment--no angel hair pasta. I almost got up and left right there. But we stayed cause we were hungry and oh yeah, the bread sucked too. I got my meal, brown butter and mizithra spaghetti and of course, the noodles were overcooked and it was way too salty. At that point I was tempted to dine and dash. Fuck you Canadian Old Spaghetti Factory for being all shitty. I found out as we were leaving that they didn't carry pesto because of food allergies. Well dammit, if you are allergic to nuts, don't get the pesto. It is that simple. Grr. I'm never going to that one again.
In the end, Ally and I made it back to our house in one piece and didn't get lost. Go us.
No comments:
Post a Comment