Lots of changes have been happening and I've been oh so busy these past few weeks. So much so that I've actually had no desire to update my blog. Facebook is the only social networking site that I update and even then, it is has definitely lost its appeal.
So I'll try to sum up the past few weeks the best that I can.
1. I decided to ride in the STP this year. For those who are unfamiliar with the acrynom, it stands for "Seattle to Portland" and it is a 200 mile ride in the middle of July. 2 days. 10,000 riders.
I am a pretty novice rider--only had my bike since last September and have only been riding frequently since Elliott got back. However, I have greatly improved and managed to kick ass during a 20+ mile ride that Elliott and I did on Sunday.
If we keep riding the way we did on Sunday, we will be able to at least not die during the STP.
2. I decided to join Americorps. I applied to quite a few different positions and got 5 interviews straight away. I interviewed this morning and the guy told me that I had been pre-hired for a position in White Salmon. I'm totally jazzed about that because I can move down to Hood River, my original plan after graduation. I have another interview for a position in Federal Way at 1pm and they are really going to have to sell it to me because my mind has already been made up. (But I should probably consult that one dude that I've been dating for like 78 weeks and get his opinion on the matter.)
3. I've been reconnecting with a lot of my friends these past couple weeks and it has been great. I'm taking this week off and keeping it pretty low profile though--need some rest, I feel as though I've been getting run down because of work.
4. Trip to Walla Walla next weekend. I'm super pumped because I haven't been there in a year and I'm really excited to show Elliott what it is all about. Hopefully the weather will be nice and that I won't see too many people that I don't care for. It'll be a nice little getaway. We have the best getaways.
5. Jill made me the CUTEST wallet ever. Check it out on her blog.
6. Ummm, I guess I don't have much else to write about. I'll have pictures of different adventures I've gone on with descriptions (Twilight Stalking, Paint Party) as soon as I can find the cable to my camera.
cheeseburger.
No comments:
Post a Comment