5.12.2009

The Lazy Perfectionist

I picked this name because I'm torn between having everything perfect, exactly the way I want it and being one of the laziest people that I've ever met.

I have a picture of who I want to be and what I want to be doing but my laziness often gets in the way. I can't help but just want to lounge about watching movies, hanging out with friends and reading.

I'm pretty OCD about things in my head but my actions often contradict those ideas. I want a perfectly clean house, with a spotless bedroom but the kitchen always looks like a disaster and my room mimics the image of a clothes bomb that went off. I'm just soo damn lazy. Ugh.

However, there is one thing in my life that I am consistently not lazy at and that is the ability to find a job.

I work really really hard when it comes to finding jobs and although it takes quite a bit of effort, I usually prevail in my search.

For instance, I was really unhappy at my job (and I don't believe that you should have to stay in a crappy job if you are not happy, no matter how terrible the economy might be) and I went out and found not one but two jobs. I start Breadfarm on Thursday and I'm still in the process of interviewing for AmeriCorps jobs--I've been offered quite a few of those positions as well. I had an interview with Haggen Corporate but ultimately decided that I don't want to be an Admin Assistant my whole life so I need to get out of that line of work asap...and I did.

I told off my boss yesterday and it was incredibly satisfying. I won't deny that I am a little bit nervous of seeing him in the future--as I did today and bolted before he could confront/humiliate me in public. However, I would have done anything to get out of that soul-sucking job. Well, the job itself wasn't bad, it was definitely management that made it so awful.

Anyway, so yeah I'm really lazy and I should probably go on my road ride right now instead of watching TopGear but laying on the couch is so much more appealing. I need to complete Jill's quote book at some point today and hope that I get paid enough soon to order it and get it sent down to her.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment