12.29.2008

20 things about England.

Observations/Comments about England:

1. Their orange soda is yellow. It freaks me out! Also, they only offer 4 types of soft drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Lemonade, and Orange Fanta. Sometimes Sprite. Free refills aren't happening.

2. You have to pay for everything, even to go to the bathroom. 20p!

3. You don't have to tip anyone.

4. We really need the "Underground" in Seattle and other larger cities. Best public transportation system ever.

5. British accents lose their luster after hearing them for 8 days straight, all the time. Mostly because I couldn't understand what people were saying half the time. It isn't like the movies were the actors enunciate words. I mostly experienced this while talking to my cab driver for an hour.

6. There are two types of British accents that were pointed out to me, the North and the South. Northern sounds more like a Scottish Accent.

7. The only places open on Christmas in London are Italian restaurants and liquor stores.

8. London is the busiest, biggest place I have ever been. So many people everywhere all the time (with an exception of Christmas Day).

9. Buckingham Palace is rather drab looking. But I'm sure beautiful in the summer.

10. England has the best selection of sweets, cookies and candies--I'd be 400 pounds if I lived there all the time.

11. Every inch of most towns are filled up with housing, shops or restaurants.

12. Ice skating on Christmas Eve under London City lights is the most magical feeling ever.

13. We need a pie shop in Bellingham, one that sells all types.

14. Females in England love to wear jean skirts with leggings. Almost every other girl I saw was wearing them.

15. Teenagers are a bit rough around the edges. They also love to blast music from their cell phones like a stereo. Cell phone etiquette doesn't apply.

16. Everything is video taped. O HAI, Big Brother.

17. They don't recycle and you can just leave your garbage anywhere. Most of it seems to get stuck in fields and on the side of rodes.

18. I will never get over left hand steering wheels and left side of the road driving. Also, drivers in England are maniacs. I thought Boston was bad!

19. London has the best shopping ever. Not good for a place for people like myself and Elliott--can't resist.

20. Water in England is sold room temperature with no ice and it is usually very minerally. Not very refreshing.


But overall, I had the time of my life and I can't wait to travel more. Both in the states and overseas!

No comments:

Post a Comment