2.03.2010

gluten-free is the way to be?

so as many of you know, I am constantly tired and constantly sick. I've been tested for lots of different things to see what is wrong with me but I have had no luck. A few years ago, I realized that I was lactose-intolerant. I basically couldn't eat any dairy without my insides turning to garbage.

I went many years without taking any time of pill to help digest dairy and boy, was that a mistake. I discovered lactaid pills and I've been enjoying dairy ever since. However, I don't eat much of it because I learned that cow products can cause chronic Bronchitis--something that I do, indeed, suffer from.

Lately, I've been having terrible headaches and feeling really bloated and gassy--even if I haven't had any dairy that day. After talking to a friend who has a gluten allergy and doing some online research, I noticed that I feel awful anytime that I eat anything with gluten in it. I have a constant headache and I am ALWAYS tired. Those are both side effects of having a gluten allergy. I also learned that you can have chronic respiratory problems (bronchitis and walking pneumonia like to visit me a few times a year) if you have gluten.

So with all of this new information, I have decided to try to be gluten free for the next 6-8 weeks and see how I feel. I'm really sad about that I love all things with gluten in them but I don't love headaches, bloating, and constant fatigue.

I'll keep you updated---well any of the 3 people that I know read this.

3 comments:

  1. bread is cool, but i always imagine finally realizing gluten was the thing getting you down would be really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great harvest makes really awesome gluten-free bread, i would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm always and forever on team bread. i can't help it.

    ReplyDelete