I have never been one to label myself when it comes to any sort of political party. I am a registered Democrat in Washington and I voted for Obama (although Hillary was where my true heart lied). However, today I have finally realized that I am in fact, a Republican. Not a gun-carrying-bible-lovin-Sarah-humpin' Republican (all stereotypes, people) but fiscally Republican (when it comes to taxes and all that shiz). But I am also socially liberal. I am all for universal health care, women's reproductive rights, and gay marriage equality.
I guess I never really thought about of this until Elliott and I were doing/talking about taxes today. But it is true.
And it kinda blew my mind.
it's interesting to actually assess which way your political compass points. it has become such a sin to lean strongly towards "liberal" or "conservative" that i think most people our age just kind of let the whole argument go. it's cool to recognize that you're an ever changing blend of the two. you know, like swirl ice cream?
ReplyDelete